1. Xu WB, Svenning JC, Chen GK, Chen B, Huang JH, Ma KP*. Plant geographical range size and climate stability in China: Growth form matters. Global Ecology and Biogeography. 2018 27(5): 506-517.
2. Chen L, Comita LS, Wright SJ, Swenson NG, Zimmerman JK, Mi XC, Hao ZQ, Ye WH, Hubbell SP, Kress WJ, Uriarte M, Thompson J, Nytch CJ, Wang XG, Lian JY, Ma KP*. Forest tree neighborhoods are structured more by negative conspecific density dependence than by interactions among closely related species. Ecography. 2018 41(7): 1114-1123.
3. Swenson NG, Iida Y, Howe R, Wolf A, Umana MN, Petprakob K, Turner BL, Ma KP, 2017. Tree co-occurrence and transcriptomic response to drought. Nature Communications, 8:1996
4. Han BC, Umana MN, Mi XC, Liu XJ, Chen L, Wang YQ, Liang Y, Wei W, Ma KP, 2017. The role of transcriptomes linked with responses to light environment on seedling mortality in a subtropical forest, China. Journal of Ecology, 105:592-601
5. Zhang MG, Slik JWF, Ma KP, 2017. Priority areas for the conservation of perennial plants in China. Biological Conservation, 210:56-63
6. Du YJ, Queenborough SA, Chen L, Wang YQ, Mi XC, Ma KP, Comita LS, 2017. Intraspecific and phylogenetic density-dependent seedling recruitment in a subtropical evergreen forest. Oecologia, 184:193-203
7. Liu X.J., Swenson N.G., Lin D.M., Mi X.C., Umana M.N., Schmid. B. & Ma K.P*. Linking individual-level functional traits to tree growth in a subtropical forest. Ecology. 2016. 97(9):2396-2405.
8. Zhang MG, J.W.F Slik, KP Ma*.Priority areas for the conservation of perennial plants in China. Biological Conservation.2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.biocon.
9. Huang JH, JH Huang, CR Liu, JL Zhang, XH Lu, KP Ma* . Diversity hotspots and conservation gaps for the Chinese endemic seed flora. Biological Conservation. 2016.198:104-112 .
10. Lin DM, K J. Anderson-Teixeira, JS Lai, XC Mi, HB Ren, KP Ma*. Traits of dominant tree species predict local scale variation in forest aboveground and topsoil carbon stocks. Plant and Soil. 2016. 409: 435-446.
11. Zhu Y., Comita L.S., Hubbell S.P. & Ma KP. 2015. Conspecific and phylogenetic density-dependent survival differs across life stages in a tropical forest. Journal of Ecology, 103, 957-966.
12. Xu WB, Chen GK., Liu CR. & Ma KP. 2015. Latitudinal differences in species abundance distributions, rather than spatial aggregation, explain beta-diversity along latitudinal gradients. Global Ecology and Biogeography, 24: 1170-1180.
13. Du YJ, LF Mao, S A. Queenborough, R P. Freckleton, B Chen and KP Ma. 2015. Phylogenetic constraints and trait correlates of flowering phenology in the angiosperm flora of China. Global Ecology and Biogeography, 24(8):928-938.
14. Zhang NL, SQ Wan, JX Guo, GD Han, J Gutknecht, B Schmid, L Yu, WX Liu, J Bi, Z Wang, KP Ma*.2015.Precipitation modifies the effects of warming and nitrogen addition on soil microbial communities in northern Chinese grasslands. Soil Biology & Biochemistry.89:12-23.
15. Yang WJ, KP Ma, H. Kreft.2014. Environmental and socio-economic factors shaping the geography of ?oristic collections in China. Global Ecology and Biogeography, 23: 1284-1292.
16. Zhang NL, WX Liu, HJ Yang, XJ Yu, J LM Gutknecht, Z Zhang, SQ Wan, KP Ma*.2013. Soil microbial responses to warming and increased precipitation and their implications for ecosystem C cycling. Oecologia, 173(3):1125-1142.
17. Yang WJ, KP Ma* and Holger Kreft*. 2013. Geographical sampling bias in a large distributional database and its effects on species richness–environment models. Journal of Biogeography,40:1415-1426.
18. Lai JS, D Coomes, XJ Du, CF Hsieh, I-F Sun, WC Chao, XC Mi, HB Ren, XG Wang, ZQ Hao, KP Ma*. 2013. A general combined model to describe tree-diameter distributions within subtropical and temperate forest communities. Oikos, 122(11):1635-1641.
19. Chen GK, M Kéry, M Plattner, KP Ma and B Gardner. 2013. Imperfect detection is the rule rather than the exception in plant distribution studies. Journal of Ecology, 101: 183 – 191.
20. Liu XJ, N Swenson, JL Zhang, KP Ma*. 2013. The environment and space, not phylogeny, determine trait dispersion in a subtropical forest. Functional Ecology, 27(1):264-272.
21. Mi XC, N G. Swenson, R Valencia, J Kress, DL. Erickson, á Pérez-Casta?eda, HB Ren, SH Su, N Gunatilleke, S Gunatilleke, ZQ Hao, WH Ye, M Cao, H S Suresh, H S Dattaraja, S Sukumar, KP Ma*. 2012. The contribution of rare species to community phylogenetic diversity across a global network of forest plots. American Naturalist,180:E17-30.
22. Huang JH, B Chen, CR Liu, JS Lai, JL Zhang and KP Ma*. 2012. Identifying hotspots of endemic woody seed plant diversity in China. Diversity and Distributions, 18:673-688.
23. Cheng JJ, XC Mi, K Nadrowski, HB Ren, JT Zhang and KP Ma. 2012. Separating the effect of mechanisms shaping species-abundance distributions at multiple scales in a subtropical forest. Oikos, 121:236-244.
24. Zhang NL, Xia JY, Yu XJ, Ma KP, Wan SQ. 2011. Soil microbial community changes and their linkages with ecosystem carbon exchange under asymmetrically diurnal warming. Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 43: 2053-2059.
25. Li ZS, CM Shi, YB Liu, JL Zhang, QB Zhang, KP Ma*. 2011. Summer mean temperature variation from 1710-2005 inferred from tree-ring data of the Baimang Snow Mountains, northwestern Yunnan, China. Climate Research,47: 207-218.
26. Li ZS, QB Zhang, KP Ma*. 2011. Tree-ring reconstruction of summer temperature for A.D. 1475-003 in the central Hengduan Mountains, Northwestern Yunnan, China. Climatic Change, 2011, 1-13.
27. Zhang LW, XC Mi, HB Shao, KP Ma*.2011. Strong plant-soil associations in a heterogeneous subtropical broad-leaved forest. Plant and Soil, 347:211–220.
28. Du HM, Y Liang, KQ Pei and KP Ma. 2011. UV radiation-responsive proteins in rice leaves: a proteomic analysis. Plant & Cell Physiology. 52(2): 306 -316.
29. Chen L, XC Mi, L Comita, LW Zhang, HB Ren, KP Ma *. 2010. Community-level consequences of density dependence and habitat association in a subtropical broad-leaved forest. Ecology Letters,13:695-704.
30. Zhu Y, XC Mi, HB Ren and KP Ma*, 2010. Density dependence is prevalent in a heterogeneous subtropical forest. Oikos, 119: 109-119.
31. Shen GC, MJ Yu, XS Hu, XC Mi, HB Ren, I-F Sun, KP, Ma. 2009. Species-area relationships explained by the joint effects of dispersal limitation and habitat heterogeneity. Ecology 90, 3033–3041.
32. Chen GK, M Kéry, JL Zhang and KP Ma*. 2009.Factors Affecting Detection Probability In Plant Distribution Studies. Journal of Ecology, 97: 1383-1389.
33. Lai JS, XC Mi, HB Ren, KP Ma*. 2009. Species-habitatmh associations change in a subtropical forest of China. Journal of Vegetation Science. 20:415-423.
34. Legendre, P., XC Mi, HB Ren, KP Ma, MJ Yu, I. F. Sun, and FL He. 2009. Partitioning beta diversity in a subtropical broad-leaved forest of China. Ecology, 90: 663-674.
35. Zhang, NL, SQ Wan, LH Li, J. Bi, M. Zhao, KP Ma*. 2008. Impacts of urea N addition on soil microbial community in a semi-arid temperate steppe in northern China. Plant and Soil,311: 19-28.
36. Wang T, QB Zhang and KP Ma*.2006. Treeline dynamics in relation to climatic variability in the central Tianshan Mountains, northwestern China. Global Ecology and Biogeography, 15:406-415.